In October of last year, David Lynch announced that everyone’s favorite scary logging town Twin Peaks was coming back, in the form of a series on Showtime.
Then trouble arose. Lynch said that he and Showtime could not come to terms on certain things, and walked from the project. Showtime said they would try to get Lynch back, but even if he still refused, the show would go on without him. Fans everywhere uttered a resounding cry of “No thanks!” to that, because who the hell wants a new Twin Peaks without David Lynch?
Well worry not, coffee and cherry pie lovers, because Lynch is back on Twitter saying that the show is still on.
— David Lynch (@DAVID_LYNCH) May 16, 2015
No word yet on what it was that was causing all the trouble, but for now let’s be happy that this is back on track. Hitfix reports that Showtime’s David Nevins also confirmed the news with a statement (which also confirms Lynch is directing the entire thing and that it will be longer than the originally announced time):
“This damn fine cup of coffee from Mark and David tastes more delicious than ever. Totally worth the extra brewing time and the cup is even bigger than we expected. David will direct the whole thing which will total more than the originally announced nine hours. Pre production starts now!!”